Where results make sense
About us   |   Why use us?   |   Reviews   |   PR   |   Contact us  

Topic: Baptist

Related Topics

In the News (Mon 25 Mar 19)

  Welcome to Baptist   (Site not responding. Last check: 2007-11-07)
Welcome to Baptist.org Continue to the web site!
- Sponsored by the New Heart Baptist Church - Nashville, TN 37214 -
Now forming in 2007 in the I-40 and Stewarts Ferry Area
www.baptist.org   (75 words)

  The Baptist Faith & Message
"Baptists cherish and defend religious liberty, and deny the right of any secular or religious authority to impose a confession of faith upon a church or body of churches.
Baptist churches, associations, and general bodies have adopted confessions of faith as a witness to the world, and as instruments of doctrinal accountability.
We are not embarrassed to state before the world that these are doctrines we hold precious and as essential to the Baptist tradition of faith and practice.
www.sbc.net /bfm/default.asp   (317 words)

 Baptist - Hutchinson encyclopedia article about Baptist
The Baptist Missionary Society, formed in 1792 in Britain, pioneered the 19th-century missionary movement that spread the Baptist creed through Europe and to British colonies.
Cummings, a Baptist minister well known in that part of the country, was driving by Baker's farm one night.
Grandfather was a deacon in the new Baptist Church, grandmother was busy with church suppers and missionary societies, and I was quite another boy, or thought I was.
encyclopedia.farlex.com /Baptist   (284 words)

The above narration recalls the fact before mentioned (John 1:28), that part of the Baptist's ministry was exercised in Perea: Ennon, another scene of his labours, was within the borders of Galilee; both Perea and Galilee made up the tetrarchy of Herod Antipas.
Yet because of his oath, and because of them that were with him at table, he would not displease her: but sending an executioner, he commanded that his head should be brought in a dish: and gave it to the damsel, and the damsel gave it to her mother" (Mark 6:21-28).
This fact Tillemont traces to a mistaking of one St. John for another, an explanation which, in certain cases, appears to be founded on good grounds and accounts well for this otherwise puzzling multiplication of relics.
www.newadvent.org /cathen/08486b.htm   (5251 words)

 Western Baptist HospitalHealth Encyclopedia Disclaimer
From the beginning, Baptist Healthcare System's Christ-centered mission has been to provide medical services and enhance the health of the people and communities we serve.
While Baptist Healthcare System and its content providers make every effort to update the content on the site at regular intervals, some information may be out of date.
Baptist Healthcare System, its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers or vendors are not responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage directly or indirectly resulting from my use of this site or the information or the resources contained or accessible through this site.
www.westernbaptist.com /healthcontent/hie/disclaimer.cfm   (373 words)

 College battles Baptist group for control - Nation/Politics - The Washington Times, America's ...   (Site not responding. Last check: 2007-11-07)
But several state Baptist groups are fighting to keep the schools in the fold.
Shorter College, another Georgia school with Southern Baptist ties, voted in 2003 to sever its relationship with the state convention after a regional agency threatened its accreditation because of the power vested in the Baptist association.
In Belmont's case, school administrators said they wanted to lower the representation of Southern Baptist trustees on the school board from 100 percent to 60 percent, with the other 40 percent to be drawn from other Christian denominations.
www.washtimes.com /national/20061201-113457-7501r.htm   (501 words)

 Landmark Independent Baptist Church, Archer, Florida -- Sovereign Grace   (Site not responding. Last check: 2007-11-07)
Baptist churches have existed in every age since their founding by Christ, though they have not always been known by that name.
Declaration of Faith adopted by the Baptist Church at at Horsely-down, pastored by the venerable Elder John Gill.
Historic Landmark Baptist, above all others, should understand the mysteries of the kingdom as they relate to marriage and the picture of Christ and His church that should be portrayed by it.
users.aol.com /libcfl/libc.htm   (2544 words)

 Baptist Beliefs: Doctrine & Theology - The Baptist Start Page
Baptists on the Autonomy of the Local Church
Danbury Baptist Association's Letter to Thomas Jefferson and His Reply
First London Baptist Confession of Faith of 1646
www.baptiststart.com /doctrine.htm   (397 words)

Try your search on: Qwika (all wikis)

  About us   |   Why use us?   |   Reviews   |   Press   |   Contact us  
Copyright © 2005-2007 www.factbites.com Usage implies agreement with terms.